Theme is Top Gun – two words synonymous with Excellence. To Be the Best of the Best! Celebrity host is Tom Skerritt; Entertainment by The Company Men.
Hosted cocktails start at 5:30 PM, followed by sit down gourmet dinner, program, and dancing.
Black tie or military uniform, $395 per person; $3,950 per table up to $25,000 for sponsor tables.
This year’s honorees are:
• Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient
• Naval Aviation
• Aeronautical Engineer
• Fourth Man to Walk On the Moon
• NASA Apollo 12 and Skylap Mission II Astronaut
• Navy Pilot
• Former TOP GUN Commander of two TOP GUN Adversary squadrons on both coasts
• Two tours in Vietnam
• 608 combat hours
• Distinguished Flying Cross and Eleven Air Medals
• F-84 Jet Fighters
• Korean War combat missions
• U-2 and Mach 3 SR-71 aircraft
• Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon
• F-86 fighter pilot
• 50,000 plus hours
• 2,500 air-to-air shoots as aerial cinematographer
• Formed TOP GUN to train the top 1% of fighter pilots in aerial combat.
• Commands the Black Aces of VFA-41
• Former Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor
• Graduated TOP GUN class 02-07
Gala 2018 Presenting sponsors are:
Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, the City of Cathedral City, the City of Desert Hot Springs, the City of Indio, the City of La Quinta, the City of Palm Springs, the City of Rancho Mirage, the Greater Palm Springs CVB; Riverside County; Classic Party Rentals, Desert Valley’s Builders Association, Desert Sun Media Group, Lee and Phil Hixon, KMIR-TV, Patty and Arthur Newman, Palm Springs Life, Rutherford Investments, Shalhoub Family
Event chairs are Lisa Bell, Marguerita Maasen-Gilbertson, and Linsey Moore-Vandenbos.